We know connectivity issues can get frustrating - here's some common reasons why it happens:
1. There are ongoing improvements to your bank's online banking website.
This requires Plaid and Finicity to build support for these new features. Improvements are usually resolved within a matter of days, but if the connectivity issues persist, there may be a larger issue at hand.
2. There are changes to your banks' internal systems preventing third-party providers like Plaid and Finicity from syncing your accounts successfully.
Banks may undergo changes to their internal systems which temporarily block Finicity or Plaid from syncing transactions.
3. Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
If you're constantly being asked to relink your card, it may be that your bank utilizes security questions as a form of MFA which expires after a session. A session will typically end after exiting the app, which may prompt you to repeat this process again.
Need more help? You can always speak to our Customer Support team:
- Click My Drop in the app
- Click the gear in the top right corner —> click Help
- You’ll be directed to our Chatbot — follow its prompts, and a ticket will be made